Friday 10 August 2012

Amazing 1 Pot Rice

 

This is an easy one pot dish that I think might be one of my favorites, even though I am not a huge fan of rice!
Pour into a large pot 1 can of tomato sauce and then fill that can with rice and pour in what will  and fill the can with water (2 times) adding them both to the pot (this also helps get all the rice that gets stuck to the can)  bring to a slow boil then turn the heat down and simmer for about 15-20 mins. I like to add carrot and onion to this as well, and if I am adding them in I will do so when I pour in the water. Stir occasionally and keep covered. After 15-20 mins I add in about 4-5 heaped spoon fulls of ricotta cheese and stir it all around then I top (while still in the pot) with shredded cheese, cover, and let sit till we are ready to eat it (5-15 mins later) The cheese is all melted and it is very, amazing! I served this with cheddar cheesy biscuits.
Psalms 24:8 - Who is this King of glory? YAH strong and mighty, YAHWEH mighty in battle.




No comments:

Post a Comment