Friday 10 August 2012

Dumplings

This is what was for dinner tonight! I always make a big pot of this when I do make it, it will be eaten! 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 can water, 1 potato (cut into bite sized pieces). Now depends who I am making this for but it it is just up to me I like to add onion, carrots, peas, corn and green beans. When I make it for my husband, like tonight, I get around this by making it with no veg other than potato, and then adding the veg into my plate when i serve mine (like in the photo) For my husbands I add chopped chicken on top.
For the dumplings, just add little over 1/2 c of flour, season how you like, then add enough milk or water to make a very sticky gooey dough. Drop this dough in round spoonfuls into the pot, bring to a boil then turn down then head and simmer, covered, for about 30 mins.
But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto Yahweh, because he hath dealt bountifully with me. Psalm 13:5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment