Friday 3 August 2012

Potato Pot Pie

So here is a twist on chicken pot pie, which I have been craving for a few days! You could make this the traditional way by topping the filling with a ready-made pie crust, but this was a nice twist that I really enjoyed!
I used a large baking tray instead of a pie dish so I could have more. Par boil 3 large potatoes (about 7 mins) then I put in half of a chopped onion and my veg of carrots, peas and corn and let boil another 5 mins or so. Meanwhile I mixed about 2 cups of self rise flour and seasoned with salt and pepper then cut in 1 large heaped table spoon of butter. I then added enough milk to make a very sticky, loose dough. If you hold the dough up it should fall apart because of how wet it is. (sorry no measurements because the milk went in a bit faster than I had planned, BUT I think this made it extra yummy, to me) Pour the potato and veg into the baking dish and top with a can of cream of chicken soup (or cream of celery for the veterinarians) now spread out the wet dough in little biscuit sized shapes to cover the dish. Cook at 215C for about 25-30 mins till the biscuit/dumpling dough is cooked.
 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. John 15:7

No comments:

Post a Comment