Saturday 14 July 2012

Apple Upside Down Cake

The house smells so good this morning with an apple cake in the oven. I have not made this in a long time, so this morning when I was standing in the kitchen thinking "What should I make for breakfast" the first thing I saw were apples, so I thought I would do this apple cake!
First butter your cake dish and add a single layer of sliced apples then move on to making the batter.
Take 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup self rise flour, mix with 1/2 cup sugar (add more if you like it sweeter) Cut in 1 table spoon of butter and mix well. Now add the wet; 1 egg, 1teaspoon vanilla, 1/2  cup milk and a tablespoon of honey (you can also add a dash of cinnamon if you like) Mix till you have a nice smooth batter.  Spread the cake batter over the apple base and bake at 150C. I always check my cakes after 20 mins and then leave them for another 15 mins. When the cake is done let it cool and then flip it out onto a plate. If you want to go an extra step, add some powder sugar with a drop or so of water to make a glaze to drizzle over the cake. Enjoy!
 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6


No comments:

Post a Comment