Thursday 12 July 2012

Scones for breakfast!

I love breakfast more than any other meal! Scones to me are just very basic, but you can do so much more to them.
Basic Scone:
Mix half a cup of flour and half a cup of self rise flour with a pinch of salt and a spoon of sugar. Stir in 1 tablespoon of butter and cut it into the flour. Now here is where you would add anything  else you want into the mix, and really anything goes! But we are keeping this one basic so now I just add enough milk to make a nice smooth dough. Roll the dough out to about 2" and cut into rounds place on a baking dish and dot a little butter on top if you want (I don't really do this much but it is nice when I do) Bake at about 200C for 15-20 mins or until lightly golden on top.
My favorite toppings are honey butter, jam or clotted cream and sliced bananas.
To make this just a little more 'southern country style' I leave out the sugar in the mix above and add bit more salt and a grind of black pepper. My daughter likes to have these with chicken and cheese inside for a nice breakfast sandwich, or sometimes I make a nice white country gravy to pour all over it! Served with some scramble egg and there you go! The options are endless! :)
Acts 4:12 - And there is no deliverance in anyone else, for there is no other Name under the heaven given among men by which we need to be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment