Friday 13 July 2012

Clean/Kosher

I found many truths of the bible about 10 years ago. For the ones might not know how to tell if an animal is clean to eat,  I thought I might take a post to give some basic scriptures that show us what we have been given to eat that is clean (kosher) as well as make a list of my favorite things to  always have on hand.

Leviticus 7:26-27 and 17:10-14
Lev 11:3-26
Deut 14:6-8
Lev 11:7 
What I like to always have in my kitchen during the winter;
Starting with the dry pantry items. Flour (plain and self rise) oil, cinnamon, honey, salt, sugar (although I don't like to use it too often) rice, pasta, peanut butter, pop corn, can fruit, can beans/chickpeas,  can soup, green tea, rolled oats.
Now on to the cold foods. Butter, cheese, milk, eggs, meat (chicken and beef) frozen mixed veg.
Fresh fruits and veg. Apples, banana, carrots, potato, onion. We have a strawberry garden in the back and I hope to add more to the garden this spring!

Also things of interest,  food allergy conversions. (Quick list. I will come back and edit to add more later)
Milk - Rice Milk or Almond Milk
Butter - Dairy free butter spread
Flour - Gluten free, or even spelt flour is a good one to try
Sugar - Honey



No comments:

Post a Comment