Thursday 19 July 2012

Cheese Bake

So on the 6th day of the week, for breakfast, we usually have to just put something together with what ever is left over in the kitchen because we do our shopping in the afternoon! Sometimes I come up with wonderful ideas, other times, well lets just continue on shall we. Now this is a new one I came up with after having some left over ricotta from the ravioli we did the other day for the new cook book! So what to do for a breakfast with ricotta? Here we go.
Take about 1/2 cup self rise flour and season how you like, I used pinch of salt, mixed herbs and black pepper. Cut in 1 spoon of butter to the flour. Now beat 3 eggs and just a splash of milk (as if you were making scramble eggs) and pour that into the flour along with about 1/2 cup of ricotta. Mix to make a nice 'cake like' batter. Pour into a baking dish and bake at 200C for around 25-35 mins. Top with extra grated cheese and put back in for 5 mins to melt the cheese. You could also bake these into little muffin trays, just reduce the cooking time. And that my friends is what I did with my leftover ricotta on a cool winter morning.
Rejoice in Yah always; and again I say rejoice. Philippians 4:4

No comments:

Post a Comment