Friday 13 July 2012

Creamy Tomato Soup (Vegan)


OK, I have really got to get into a habit of taking a photo of my food before serving/eating it! Finished the soup for lunch today and then come here to the good old internet and then I think "I should have taken a picture of that soup!" Now to teach my brain to take a picture before my mouth/tummy says "Eat the food!"
Anyway this is a nice soup that has no dairy, yet is creamy and not watery!
Nice creamy soup on a winter day, what could be better?
Heat all in one pot; about 10 tomatoes, 1 onion, 1 carrot in enough water to cover for about 10 mins or until all is soft. Then drain off most all the water (I always save a cup full just in case) add 1 can of chickpeas, drained and heat all together no more than 5 mins on low heat. Pour all into a blender and mix! To serve I hold a sieve over the bowl to strain out all the tomato seeds. I don't mind them but my daughter can't stand seeds in her soup! Top with some fresh herb! Nice, easy and very filling.

Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment